Montag, 26. August 2013

HALF TIME

I know I am way behind with my posts, but hoping to catch up... Still I break the chronology for this post - and the change of the header photo - as I just realized that yesterday and today are the middle days of my trip, day 27 and 28 out of 54. It feels like I left Ahrensburg a really long time ago. So many new impressions, great people I am so glad to have met in every single place I stayed, so much I learned, about the place and about the world on the whole, so much time to just walk or sit, catching pictures and thoughts. When I was in Belgrade last week, I realized I couldn't yet take two night trains and hit the 15 million metropolis of "far-off, shining and terrible Stambul" as Ivo Andrić puts it in his Nobel Prize winning novel The Bridge on the Drina (more about that later), although I would probably replace "terrible" with "huge and noisy". My health was a bit down and my mind needed a break, too, so I returned to Srebrenica, even for four days which was definitely the right decision. Mosque and church towers and green mountains, the view of Srebrenica from the ascend to the old town wall is a nice wrap up of one of my main impressions from the Balkans and a picture from a place to recover in between visiting all the big cities.
So here I am after four weeks in what used to be Yugoslavia, back to Belgrade, bought the ticket for the first night train (from a friendly and competent officer fluent in at least three languages!) and ready for Istanbul, or so I think...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen