Sonntag, 10. August 2014

A Year After

Personal map sketched from my old school atlas

As you can see I am not much of a blogger - at least not with the equipment I had, but I daresay if I were I would have finished publishing my posts before the third year of med school swallowed me whole. This way, however, finishing the blog only a year after having started the trip gave me the opportunity to revisit some beloved places while not having had the possibility to leave Germany this year so far or getting much of a real break.
Of course, I never know what exactly I'll learn from a trip, from every step I take and everyone I meet - that's kind of the idea of it. But I do know by now that I will learn a good deal about other people and other countries, about my country and myself. But most of all about the world as a whole and being human in it. Though I very much enjoy applying the ideas and insights I gained by leaving my home to all kinds of new and everyday situations, back home and elsewhere, they usually stay connected to the sights and smells and tastes and hot or cold air and atmosphere of the places where I first learned them and more over with the people I met there and with or from I learned a great deal.
There hasn't been a day in the past year when I didn't think of at least one place I got to know on this trip and I am happy to know that I made some very good friends, too and I am utterly grateful for having had this opportunity.
A new question that has formed over this trip is this: How do I manage to return to the places I really want to see again and to also get to see some new places?

I will be back on the road, finding more answers and more questions.

1 Kommentar: