Mittwoch, 18. September 2013

Taking A Break: Srebrenica II

I didn't think I'd be back that soon, but after having figured out how to get from Belgrade to Istanbul, shaky health and the feeling of having had enough to process for a while make me see I am not yet ready for such a huge city in such a new country, nor for two nights on transportation. So, after having spent literally hours on finding out how to get back to Srebrenica I return to the spectacular road along the Drina and the less than spectacular little border crossing (no one even touches my ID this time). 


There is one other guest at the hostel, Benedek from Hungary, he has been here before, too. And he is a semi-professional photographer, I highly recommend his page on fb, you can find a lot of pictures there both of places I visited, too, and many others, architecture, geometrical forms, colors and the people surrounded by these (Explanations are mainly in Hungarian, but I think you don't necessarily need explanations). We walk across town for an evening drink and to take some pictures afterwards. With the East, the West and art (geometrical photography and Caspar David Friedrich - who was born in my university town where some of his much depicted buildings still exist) there is a lot to talk about.
Street art at the sportsground





New mosque

Orthodox church

 
 Chapel reminding of the Franciscans' monastery
 Old gravestone with traditional ornaments behind the chapel

After Benedek leaves for Belgrade on the next day I spent a lot of time just sitting somewhere, preferrably not in the sun, reading and writing and taking long walks. This calm and friendly place without any obtrusive distraction is just perfect for taking a break. And taking pictures seems to be contagious, unfortuanately there is something behind my lens, I post some pictures anyway.


 Rain, finally
 
Morning mists

Instead of two I stay for four days in order to fully recover and witness the change of seasons, water restrictions are lifted as thunderstorms with heavy rains start to occur every afternoon around four. It even gets chilly at night which doesn't keep Miloš and me, later joined by the new girl from Italy, from chatting asway for hours on end on Sunday night with the cats' rank issues as a show on the side. It is actually hard to leave, but I also started to look forward to going to Istanbul, so I go. And I know I will be back.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen