Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

New Year’s Editorial feat. My Blog is carbon-dioxide-neutral

I finished writing my Egypt blog in Egypt, but didn’t post the last entries there as we had some
problems with the internet connection. Then I was absorbed by my studies, but as I don’t like to leave things unfinished and my father actually wanted this blog to be finished as his Christmas present and sent the link to my parents’ friends in their Christmas Letter, I use this last free day to complete the report on my stay in Cairo
AND to support the German project “Mein Blog ist CO2-neutral” (my blog is carbon-dioxide-neutral). It is one of the projects of the “Kauf-da” (“buy there”) campaign aiming at facilitating sustainability in everyday life and at saving a million trees. One of their approaches is distributing mail box stickers (for the real paper ones, you know) asking not to deliver any advertisement papers which make for 33 of the 250kg of paper every German uses per year. While blogs obviously don’t use up a lot of paper they do require electricity. For every blog participating in this project Kauf-da plants a tree which will neutralize the carbon dioxide emissions caused by a blog in the period of fifty years.

In closing this I wish you all a great 2012 and I recommend this project to every German-speaking blogger and the whole page to everyone who made the New Year’s resolution to live a greener life!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen